Dear members of the IPSC Quebec Association,
- Two (2) positions on the Board of Directors are coming to the end of their term, namely:
- A position of Vice President, currently held by Yves Bertrand, term of 2 years; and
- The position of Treasurercurrently occupied by Walter Pereyma, term of 2 years.
- We are now accepting nominations until 7:00 p.m. EST on November 21, 2020. All nominations must be submitted to the election secretaries by this deadline at the latest and meet all the criteria listed in point 3. Here is the election schedule. Additional information will follow at each step.
- Nov 8 - Nov 21 Election notice and call for candidates;
- Nov 22 - Dec 8 Candidate campaign, publicity, etc .; and
- Dec 9 - 30 Dec. If necessary, electronic ballot by all members in good standing.
- For interested candidates - For an application deemed admissible, the candidate:
- Must be a member in good standing (current year membership paid) for at least the last three years, without interruption;
- Must have sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out the responsibilities of the position (minutes, financial statements, project management, communications, etc.);
- Must provide evidence of support from two other members in good standing;
- Must produce a notice of candidacy specifying his identity and the desired position;
- Must provide a cover letter and motivation for members. This letter will be posted on the website;
- Must submit application within the prescribed time limits;
- Must be free from any disciplinary sanction by the Association; and
- Must prove that he is free of any criminal history or pending cause (it is important to contact the election clerks for this point, as the search takes a few days).
You will find the roles and responsibilities of the positions to be filled in the Statutes and Regulations. Any questions regarding the elections should be directed to the election secretaries.
Your Election Secretaries: